BIO MEANS LIFE LOGY MEANS STUDY; HENCE, BIOLOGY IS THE STUDY OF LIFE. SO WHY IS BIOLOGY DISSERTATION SURELY GOING TO BE A CAUSE OF YOUR DEATH??
By: Dominic Corey
Writing a biology dissertation can be one tough task. God has created such a diverse and beautiful world that it is hard to focus on just one particular subject. However, that is the good thing about biology dissertation. You can never run out of ideas and topics because new bio issues are always springing up here and there.
Biology is basically the study of life. It is mainly divided into 3 major branches.
Have you been clueless about your dissertation topic for more than a week and now wondering, will I ever be able to get started with the dissertation writing?
Have you tweaked your dissertation proposal numerous times according to your supervisor’s comments and still can’t get it approved?
Are you stuck at a particular chapter or section of your dissertation and just can't move forward? OR
Zoology is the study of animals. It is the branch of life science that focuses on the structure, function, behavior, and evolution of animals.
Botany is the study of plants. It is a branch of science that focuses on the structure function and evolution of plants, fungi and algae to name a few.
Microbiology is the study of microorganisms. It focuses on the study of eukaryotes, prokaryotes and even viruses.
There are many sub-divisions in these branches even, as I have stated in the beginning Biology is a very vast subject. Let’s just stick to these three major branches for now.
HERE ARE SOME GOOD BIOLOGY DISSERTATION IDEAS IN SEQUENTIAL ORDER
- For zoology: There are many aspects of zoology which you can choose as a subject for your dissertation. You can base you biology dissertation on the structure of animals, behavior of animals, habitat of animals or even evolution of animals. If you are interested in structure of animals’ comparative study should be your focus of research. If you are interested in animal behavior Ethology should be your focus of research. Some zoology topics to give your biology dissertation can be:
- The farmed salmon and how it damages the environment and your health.
- How the Marbled Murrelet is threatened in British Columbia.
- The changes in sea otter behavior that result from humans approaching them illegally.
- Investigate the endangered trout and how humans are affecting the trout by pollution.
- For Botany: Botany also has a wide aspect of subjects for you to base your biology dissertation on. Botany covers a wide range of scientific disciplines that study plants, algae, and fungi including: structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases, and chemical properties and evolutionary relationships between the different groups. Some botany topic ideas for your biology dissertation can be
- Does plant breeding really increase crop yield?
- When plants grow without gravity, how is tropism affected?
- Invasive species of plants: the chemical warfare going on in our soil.
- For microbiology: Regarding Microbiology, you should pick a topic that you are interested in. Always pick up a topic that you feel you can easily do research and come up with a quality biology dissertation. A few topic examples of microbiology for your biology dissertation are:
- Antibiotic resistance.
- Anthropoids of medical importance.
- Bacterial toxins.
Your biology dissertation depends on your thorough research. Make sure you have left no stone unturned when it comes to research. For any further help regarding biology dissertations contact me any time and I’ll gladly help you out in any way I can.
Category: Dissertations By Topics