Write a Dissertation In 5 Simple Steps?
By: Dominic Corey
Hello, this is Hamilton Murray. Today I am going to show you some of the emails from my uncle (who is a professor by the way) that really taught me how to write a good masters dissertation.
I was stuck big time in my dissertation. My dissertation advisor wasn’t of much help. I did not find much useful stuff in the internet as well. Then I decided to consult my distant uncle. I had never seen him for 7 years but now was the best time as ever to get in touch. I needed someone who could tell me on how to write a dissertation and my uncle was the only man I could think of who could help me.
So let’s start with the mail I sent him.
Long time no news. How are you? I received your Christmas card. Thanks a lot for it. Dear uncle, right now I’m in a bit of fix. You see I have to complete my dissertation writing assignment to get my degree and I absolutely have no idea how to write a dissertation that will get me the degree. I just don’t know what to write. I don’t know the structure, the secrets, the jargons of dissertation writing. I know you as a professor can help me. I’d really appreciate it if you would give me a few pointers.
P.S give my regards to Megan.
The very next day this is the reply I got.
Hello Hammi boy,
Good to hear from you. How’s your mum? Tell her my mouth still waters when I think of her apple pie. I spoke to her and she was mighty proud to have a son like you. Your problem is very common. In my next email I’ll give you some tips on how to write a good dissertation. Right now I am in my university and have to give a lecture.
After a couple of hours I got the email that made writing a good dissertation possible.
Let’s start with the basics on how to write a master’sdissertation, shall we!
- Start with a Title page. The title of your dissertation should be in CAPS and in the center. Give at least 4 line space then write your name, also centered. After some more line spaces write the name of your university and department
- Move on to the Acknowledgement. Here you thank those who have assisted you in your dissertation writing
- Now go on to the Table of contents. They should include all your chapters and sub chapters along with their page numbers
- Then move on to how to write a dissertation Abstract and proposal. Abstract should be one paragraph summarizing the whole dissertation having all the important points in it
- Normally your proposal in covered in the introduction. The dissertation introduction usually has a statement of the problem along with the brief overview of your study and its significance
- Now let’s move on to how to write a good dissertation literature review and methodology. All your facts, data and research work in put into the literature survey chapter. It is the body of your whole dissertation
- In methodology you state your population size along with your data collection methods
- Finally coming to how to write a masters dissertation conclusion, sum up all you findings and work. Be precise and mention all your findings
Hope this email gives you an idea as to how to write a good dissertation. Keep in touch Hammi boy.
Dissertation writing begins with the process of finding its requirements. Therefore, you must read your university guidelines and discuss with your advisor the proper format to write your dissertation. Don’t let the length of your dissertation intimidate you and distract you from writing because once you have proper writing guidelines, this task won’t really seem taxing.
Write A Good Dissertation – How TO?
Writing a good dissertation depends on many factors. Let’s discuss some of the important points that you must remember when you write a dissertation.
- Do not choose a broad topic. Make sure you narrow-down the topic you choose to manage the work easily
- Thoroughly understand the writing style you are required to use in your dissertation. Confirm whether you will be using APA or MLA or any other style. Read the manual of the required style to learn how to write and cite sources
- No matter how much you hate it, carry out an in-depth research. Be patient and look for pertinent matter and collect as much as possible
- Not being adept at writing is not an excuse. When you write dissertation, you will practice your writing skills and improve as you move along.
- There is no need to write dissertation chapters in order. If you are comfortable with chapter 2 then you may write it even before chapter 1
Following these guidelines will ensure you produce a quality dissertation.
Masters Dissertation Write-Up
You follow the same procedure, when you write your Masters dissertation, as described above. Writing a masters dissertation won’t be easy. However, it won’t be as difficult as a PhD dissertation either. In your PhD dissertation you have to come up with an original idea that no one has discovered before. In your masters dissertation you concentrate on one subject and produce your original research. You can identify the gaps in knowledge, after going through the previous research. You may then do your research to fill these gaps. This is an excellent way of completing your master’s dissertation successfully.
Can Students Really Write Dissertations With These Suggestions?
Acting upon the suggestions outlined in this article will most certainly help you write you dissertation profoundly. Thoroughly understand all the key points and then start writing your dissertation. Don’t be afraid of doing thorough research. Your dissertation is a combination of in-depth research and skilled writing.
Haven’t found your dissertation topic yet?...
Get your Dissertation Topic Brief of 250 words on your field of study in just 3-5 business days including…
- An explanation why we choose this topic?
- 2-3 research questions the dissertation will answer
- Key literature resources identification
- Raw sample size definition
- Explanation of the methodology for collecting the data
Click here to sign up and get “Dissertation Topic along with 250 words brief” within 3-5 business days and start your dissertation writing NOW!!!