DISSERTATION RESEARCH AND WRITING --- NOT AN EASY TASK
By: Dominic Corey
Your dissertation research and writing should illustrate a broad understanding of studies done in your Subject. I am going to discuss some important points for dissertation research strategies that you should know in order to carry out an in-depth research productively. Not knowing these dissertation research strategies might cause frustration and even make students give up their degrees.
You dissertation research and writing is not an easy task and require a thorough research to complete your report. Your thorough dissertation research will also prevent you from spending as much time with your loved-ones as you used to. This is the sacrifice you will have to make when you do as a professional dissertation writer.
16 Best Dissertation Research Writing Tips;
Basic yet powerful tips that will help you understand how to do your dissertation writing, methodology, proposal, etc. research successfully.
Get your dissertation be completed on time and enjoy.
The world best 16 Dissertation Research and Writing strategies to help you with a relaxing and even successful path towards your Degree.
THE STAGE OF “THINKING ABOUT” WHAT AND HOW TO WRITE IN YOUR DISSERTATION
- Be comprehensive with your thinking about your Dissertation Writing: Eliminating the Ideas Too quickly is not suggested. Build on different ideas for your dissertation research and analyze how many different projects can be done. Expand your thinking at this stage, and try to come up with creative ideas for your dissertation and research writing.
- Get your ideas written and collected for future use:
Collecting all the ideas will help you to revisit or modify and change an idea for your dissertation research and writing.
- Not be influenced by your audience, think what you feel others also expect from you:
Select a topic which is of your own interest. This will also help you in your professional career that you have choose the topic according to your own personality.
- Don’t think that your dissertation research will draw international attention to you!!
Be realistic in setting your goal. Make sure your expectations are tempered by: fulfilling an academic requirement,
- Your dissertation writing may be more important than the outcomes of the research, and
- The whole research project should be a learning experience for you.
- Be realistic with your Time Management.
Try to create a draft of a timeline. Try using the 6 Stages and put a start and a finish time for each. Periodically update your timeline with new dates as needed.
DISSERTATION WRITING AND RESEARCH PROPOSAL GUIDELINES
So you’re ready to actually prepare for writing your Dissertation Research proposal after your Thinking about stage. Here's a final check. Does each of these statements describe you?
If they do you're ready to prepare your research proposal; otherwise you have to go again Thinking About stage.
- Familiar with other research relevant to your Dissertation Research area.
- Have a clear understanding of the steps that you will use to conduct and write your Dissertation research.
- Have the ability to get through each of the steps to complete your dissertation research and writing.
- Motivated and get through all of the steps in your dissertation writing and research proposals.
Below are the guidelines for writing dissertation research Proposal
- Go through other Research Proposal for samples.
Other Research proposal will guide you to know that
- What the finished Dissertation research proposal should look like?
- What are the headings that have been used?
- How has the other proposal been organized?
- Does the other proposal seem clear?
- Does it seem to suggest that the writer knows the subject area?
- Can I model my proposal after one of the ones that I've seen?
If you can’t readily find a Dissertation research proposal or two to look at, ask your adviser to see some.
- Make sure your proposal has a comprehensive review of the literature included. The rationale behind the literature review consists of an argument with two lines of analysis:
- This research is needed, and
- The Dissertation methodology I have chosen is most appropriate for the question that is being asked.
- A good proposal should consist of the first three chapters of the dissertation.
Your dissertation Research proposal should include
- Problem / Background information i.e. Chapter no. 1
- Literature Review i.e. Chapter no. 2
- Conclusion with defining the research methodology i.e. Chapter no. 3
A dissertation research proposal should be written in a future tense since it is a proposal. To turn a good proposal into the first three chapters of the dissertation consists of changing the tense from future tense to past tense.
- Specifically focus on your Dissertation research while writing your Proposal.
It will be easy for you to complete if your dissertation project is narrowly and specifically defined. Don't try to solve all of the problems in this one research project.
- Organized your proposal around a set of questions that will guide your Dissertation Research
your research questions should clearly show the relationship of your dissertation to your field of study and other researchthat has preceded you.
Dissertation Methodology and Thesis Writing Guidelines
So finally you came up with a good idea for research, had your proposal approved, collected the data, conducted your analyses and now you're about to start writing the dissertation and imply your dissertation methodology.
If you've done the first steps well this part shouldn't be too bad.
In fact it might even be enjoyable!
Now this is the part we've been waiting for.
11. Now here are a few more ideas regarding the defining of your Dissertation research project and methodology through your proposal to the entire dissertation writing.
- Empower your research writing with new ideas by empowering and benefiting those who are participating in your dissertation.
- Choose your dissertation methodology wisely, whether to choose qualitative or quantitative approach for research methodology for your dissertation.
- Sometimes a combined Dissertation methodology makes the most sense. You can combine a qualitative preliminary study with a quantitative main study to yield a research project that works well.
- Begin writing on those Dissertation Title and Chapters that you are most comfortable with.
Go with what interests you, start your writing there, and then keep building! The most productive approach in dissertation writing is that you will be able to sequence the dissertation titles and headings in the best order and then see what is missing and should be added to the dissertation.
- IF you prepared a comprehensive dissertation proposal you will now be rewarded! Pull out the proposal and begin by checking your proposed research methodology. Change the tense from future tense to past tense and then make any additions or changes so that the dissertation methodologysection truly reflects what you did.
- A dissertation title, styles, formats and writing are not designed for entertaining. Dissertation writing should be clear and unambiguous. To do this well you should prepare a list of key words and titles that are important to yourDissertation research and then your writing should use this set of key words throughout to avoid frustrating the user with alternating titles and words
- Use the Table of Contents to help you improve your Dissertation Titles manuscript.
We are all familiar with how helpful the Table of Contents is to the reader. What we sometimes don't realize is that it is also invaluable to the writer
- If you are including a Conclusions/Implications section in your dissertation make sure you really present conclusions and implications. Often the writer uses the conclusions/implications section to merely restate the research findings. Don’t waste the readers time by repeating the same thing rather tell him what does what it all means, by“SO WHAT STATEMENTS” In other words, what are the key ideas that can be drawn from your dissertation research?