6 Steps for Mastering the Art of Writing Conceptual Framework for Your Dissertation
A conceptual framework can be described as a set of broad ideas or principles taken from the relevant field of study and crafted to graphically represent the investigative process of the research report.
Writing a conceptual framework may not be essential for the research report but it sure makes the study process a lot easier for the researcher.
To make your life easier, we have listed down 6 easy steps through which you will be able to graphically compose your own theoretical framework for your dissertation in no time.
6 STEPS TO YOUR RESEARCHWRITING CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK
- Start with the main theme of the research. Write that on top of the page. With an arrow that trickles down, write the main aims and objectives of your research. These aims and objectives are the first step in guidance and direction of your conceptual framework.
- Then write the main research question. This would be developed through your aims and objectives.
- From the research question, you will be able to create the main variables of your study. Here you need to make sure that there is at least one independent and one dependent variable in your research.
- Trickling down again with the help of arrows, again write the main hypothesis of your study. This is the main guiding factor or the beginning of the road map for your research report.
- Before step 5, you will have to take a pause and work on the literature review or the previous studies that have been conducted on the topic. Start browsing through websites, journals and other sources where past researches are available and list them all down with the latest research first. You will notice three main factors of the studies; its research methodology, specific methods and techniques used in the research and its outcome. Now write conceptual framework in bullet format with the information that you have gathered.
- Now that you have gathered the data of the previous studies, it will become easier for you to predict the course of action for your own study. With the help of the knowledge listed in your literature review, compose your own methodology for your research, the specific methods and techniques that you will adopt for your study and the outcome that you are expecting. Join with all with arrows.
Here, you need to make sure that all the information that you have listed here is backed with authentic sources to make your framework significant. You also need to remember that the framework is only a basic guideline for your research; there is always the possibility that the outcome of your experiments might not turn out the way you have assumed them to be.
Visit here to get a useful guide and learn how you can write conceptual framework without any help of your supervisor with more efficiency