SWOT – The Best Way to Conduct Self-Critical Analysis and Become Your Best!
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
– Louis Pasteur
You can only succeed in life if you are prepared. For that it is important to be prepared for whatever comes your way. For that it is also important that you should be aware of your own strengths and weaknesses so that you can use that to your fullest potential.
The earlier you conduct this
Self-Critical analysis of self-assessment, the better. So if you are a student who has just entered college, then this is the best time to be aware of your own hidden super powers so that you can get prepared to conquer the world.
So what is the best instrument to conduct self-critical analysis?
Just keep answering the questions below and you will soon have an idea about yourself.
- What advantages do you have that others generally don’t? (any educational degree, skills or diplomas)
- What do people around you perceive as your strength?
- What are some of the achievements that you are most proud of in your life?
- What personal resources can you use?
- What are some of your values that others fail to exhibit?
- What are some of the qualities that others feel as your weakness?
- What are some of the tasks that you do not feel confident in doing?
- As far as your education and skills and concerned, are you truly confident for all of them? If not, where is your weakness?
- Do you have some negative work habits? (arriving late, being distracted easily)
- Do you have any personality traits that hold you back? (lack of public speaking skills)
- What new technology or idea can you help with in your industry?
- Is the industry that you are operating in growing?
- Are there any weaknesses of your competitors that you can take advantage of?
- If you already have your own business, is there anything that your customers complain about that you can change into your opportunity?
- Are there any current obstacles that you are facing right now that are standing between you and your career choice?
- Can any of your weaknesses become your threat?
Once you have written everything down according to yourself, you will have a clear idea what your strengths and weaknesses are, and where you lack the capabilities to understand them. This way you can concentrate on your weaknesses and try to turn them into your strengths and work out a way to turn your threats into opportunities.
Remember, there is nothing standing between you and your ideal life, except your strengths and weaknesses. You have the potential to become the best person you can be. The only thing you have to self-critically analyze the things what you are doing wrong and how can you correct them by yourself.