The Important Components of a Dissertation Handbook That Will Save Your Research
Are you freaked out because your dissertation is due in a few weeks and you’ve lost your dissertation handbook?
Are you tired of searching online for dissertation composition guidelines but haven’t found anything useful yet?
Then meet us – the knights that have come to your rescue.
Before the composition of your research work, it is important that you carefully and thoroughly go through the recommended dissertation books so that the structure and format of your thesis reflects the composition criteria set by your educational institute.
Although most of the guidelines mentioned in research handbooks are similar to each other, the only variance you see is according to the university you study in and those differences are also minor.
Here is a
list of basic information that a research report handbook provides.
What are the basic components that your dissertation should consist of?
- Title Page
- Approval Sheet
- Table Of Content
All of the above mentioned heading should be followed in the mentioned sequence.
Important note to remember throughout the research report
- A standard A4 sized white paper should be used
- Only one side of the research report should be used for composition
- The entire research report should be double spaced
- Each new chapter should start from a different page
- All pages after the table of content should be numbered
- No sentences or phrases in the entire report should be used without proper citation and referencing. If they are being used, sources should be acknowledged with proper format in the appendix section
- Straight and formal fonts should be used in the entire report. Some popular font types for research reports are times new roman, Calibri and Cambria.
- Mostly, APA style formatting is followed in a dissertation and thesis.
- The writing structure of the dissertation should be objective instead of being subjective and opinioned.
- The usual length of a dissertation is between 12000 to 15000 words. In some cases using more than 15000 words can even cause penalties.
- The dissertation should be free of grammatical, spelling or typographical errors.
- If you are adding more than one tables or figures in your research report then both need to be properly and uniquely numbered.
- if your dissertation is being mailed, then make sure that you keep a courier copy of the receiving of the report for your records
In conclusion, always remember, no matter how well you have conducted the investigative process of your dissertation, it will never receive an outstanding grade unless it is structured and formatted properly. So make sure that you use the guidelines mentioned in your research handbook religiously.
See how you can make dissertation handbook with a simplest guide